By Uzair Adam
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards on Wednesday warned that any renewed attacks by the United States and Israel on the Islamic Republic could trigger a wider conflict extending beyond the Middle East.
In a statement published on the Guards’ official website, Sepah News, the force said, “If aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you.”
The warning followed remarks by US President Donald Trump, who said Washington could launch fresh strikes on Iran if both sides fail to reach a long-term settlement within the next few days.
Tensions have continued to rise as both sides exchange threats alongside diplomatic proposals aimed at ending the conflict, which erupted on February 28. A ceasefire has been in effect since April 8.
“The American-Zionist enemy must understand that despite the offensive carried out against us with the full capabilities of the world’s two most expensive armies, we have not yet deployed the full strength of the Islamic revolution,” the Revolutionary Guards added.
The nearly 40-day conflict claimed the lives of several top Iranian officials, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and prompted retaliatory missile and drone attacks by Tehran across the region.
On Tuesday, Trump suggested a deadline of only a few days before possible military action could resume if negotiations fail.
“I’m saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, maybe early next week — a limited period of time,” he said.
Trump had earlier revealed that Gulf Arab leaders urged him at the last minute to avoid launching another attack on Iran.
Meanwhile, Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi wrote on X that any “return to war will feature many more surprises.”