By Abubakar Muhammad Musa
The Nigerian Institute of Translation and Interpreters (NITI) formed Kano State Council*
Shortly after the International Translation Day organized by the National body, then a three member committee (the NITI National President Prof. Hafizu Miko Yakasai, NITI Publicity Secretary Mustapha Adamu Indabawa and Associate Professor Isa Yusuf Chamo HOD Linguistics & Foreign Languages, Bayero University Kano) coordinated the formation and inauguration of Kano State Council of the Institute. The following executive members were unanimously elected:
1. Mustapha Adamu Indabawa, MIIMA, MNITI – Chairman, Kano State Council.
2. Muhammad Sagir Abdullahi, MNITI: 1st Vice Chairman.
3. Dr. Halima Umar Sani, MNITI: 2nd Vice Chairman.
4. Yagana Ali: 3rd Vice Chairman.
5. Abubakar Muhammad Musa (Saraki), MNITI: Publicity Secretary.
6. Nadiya Muftahu Garba: Treasurer.
7.Dr. Isa Muhammad Inuwa, MNITI: Secretary General.
8. Ibrahim Is’haq Ɗan’uwa Rano: Assistant Secretary General.
9. Prof. Mustapha Ahmad Isa Former Vice Chancellor Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano: Ex-Officio.
10. Dr. Aminu Bello Muhammad, Registrar Kano University of Technology, Wudil: Ex-Officio.
Similarly, the NITI Kano State Council had seen the need for the formation of two special committees that would handle organization of the ITD at State Council level and Trainings for members of NITI at the State Council level. Thus, the two special committees were formed as follows:
i) A special Committee on International Translation Day, with Malam Nura Ahmad of Arewa24 as Chairman, while Malam Badsha Mukhtar and Patience Abo would serve as members of the Committee.
ii) Training and Capacity Building Committee: This Committee would handle seminars, capacity building workshops and professional trainings on translation and interpretation or anything relevant, this Committee would be under the watch of Dr. Muhammad Sulaiman Abdullahi, as Training Officer I and Dr. Jamilu Abdullahi – Training Officer II. Plus two other members fom the media.
Abubakar Muhammad Musa (Saraki), MNITI, Publicity Secretary NITI Kano State Council
Leave a Reply